Pre and Postnatal Exercise
Pre and postnatal exercise designed for you.
Your body undergoes significant changes during pregnancy and after having a baby. Navigating exercise before and after childbirth can be daunting. We offer individualized support to help pregnant women stay active and fit and postpartum women return to heavy lifting, elite sport, or active living—safely and effectively.
Experience our one-of-a-kind pre and postnatal strength and conditioning program.
Work with Amy, co-owner of Connect and clinical exercise physiologist and certified strength and conditioning coach. She combines over 10 years of coaching experience with degrees in exercise science, integrating advanced knowledge in biomechanics and physiology to give you the individualized support you need to navigate exercise—during pregnancy, postpartum and beyond.
Amy understands first-hand how difficult it can be to navigate exercise during pregnancy and resume a high level of training after childbirth. She was inspired to pursue pregnancy and postpartum research after her own return to heavy lifting and cycling after the birth of her daughter in 2019. As a graduate student researcher with the Program for Pregnancy & Postpartum Health at the University of Alberta, Amy stays up-to-date on the latest findings in pregnancy and postpartum exercise and sport.
Amy can help you:
- Develop a safe and effective, evidence-based exercise program tailored to your stage of pregnancy or postpartum
- Build strength and fitness progressively through objective measures based on your exercise or performance goals
- Address pregnancy-related changes to posture, muscle tone, conditioning and movement mechanics
- Return to Olympic weightlifting, high performance training, and sport after childbirth
- Modify exercise techniques and progressions to address specific pregnancy and postpartum issues such as pelvic floor dysfunction, back pain, and diastasis recti
- Develop a custom strength and conditioning program, incorporating the best exercises for you and your goals
Safely exercise during pregnancy and again after childbirth.
Meet with Amy in person or online for a free consultation. We’ll discuss your goals, assess your readiness to exercise, and identify a starting point for your training.
At your initial session after the consultation, we’ll get right into your movement assessment, exercise instruction, education, and program initiation.
Book follow-up sessions to help you improve your technique, troubleshoot issues, and track your progress.
Together, we’ll determine the optimal amount of follow-up support you’ll need. If necessary, Amy will liaise with other health practitioners to ensure a coordinated approach.
One-on-one postpartum training session
A typical one-on-one training session includes a movement and technique assessment, ongoing development of your personalized program, and progress tracking. Follow-up sessions are scheduled monthly, bi-weekly, or weekly—depending on your initial assessment, goals you’ve established, and how your program is progressing.
1 session: $95
Training Package: $342
Note: All pre and postnatal exercise services include GST.